Óliver de la Fuente Ramos from Castilla y León will be officiating. Up to now he has refereed six Málaga CF games, all in LaLiga SmartBank. The Malaguista balance of results is two wins, two draws and two defeats. Heading up the VAR is David Pérez Pallás from Galicia.
Players in common Málaga CF-CD Leganés
Artero, Catanha, Canabal, Gerardo, Calandria, Antonio López, Jonatan Valle, Edu Ramos, Recio, Amrabat, Samu García, Rosales, Michael Santos, En-Nesyri, Borja Bastón, Ignasi Miquel, Alberto Bueno, Erik Morán, Koné, Juan Soriano and Dani Barrio
(*) Josua Mejías, a Málaga CF player on loan from CD Leganés, although he still hasn’t debuted with the ‘pepinero’ outfit in an official match
(**) Former CD Málaga and Atlético Malagueño player, Rafa Muñoz was coach of CD Leganés in the 2010/11 season, as well as Miguel Rivera, who coached Málaga CF “B” in the 1997/98 season, along with CD Leganés in the 2010/11 campaign
(***) There were no CD Málaga players or coaches who played or coached the CD Leganés first team
Players who debuted with Málaga CF against CD Leganés at La Rosaleda
- Michael Santos (Málaga CF 4-0 CD Leganés, 23/10/2016)
- Cecchini (Málaga CF 0-2 CD Leganés, 15/10/2017)
To take into account
- Benkhemassa is the first Malaguista player suspension of the season. Coach, Sergio Pellicer will comply with the first of his two match bans.
- At home, Málaga CF have obtained eight points from two wins, two draws and one defeat. The lads have scored three goals and conceded four at their home ground.
- Away from home, CD Leganés have accumulated four points from one victory, one draw and three losses out of five games. They have scored two goals and conceded five.
- Alberto Escassi is among the small group of players who have played all league minutes of the competition (1,080).
- Yanis Rahmani, against SD Ponferradina, scored his debut Malaguista goal. He is player number 68 to score with Málaga CF in the Second Division.
- With the debut of Joaquín Muñoz, there are now 384 players who have defended the Blue and White jersey since 1994.
Stats and facts
- The second time Málaga CF will face CD Leganés in an official match in the Second Division at La Rosaleda. In the 1998/99 season, Málaga CF won by 3-0 with goals from Guede, Catanha and Quino.
- In addition, there have been two First Division clashes between these rivals, ending in a 4-0 win for the Malaguistas and a 0-2 defeat.
- In the past five seasons in the silver division, on matchday 13, MCF obtained three victories (3-2 against CD Logroñés, 4-2 against Racing de Ferrol and 2-1 against Real Oviedo), one draw (2-2 against Sporting de Gijón) and one defeat (2-1 against Elche CF).