Skip to main content
First team

Ten fateful minutes at Ipurúa (3-0)

Málaga CF lost to SD Eibar, conceding the three goals just before half-time, and at the start of the second half (43’, 50’ and 52’).

The Malaguistas stepped on to the field of play at Ipurúa wearing black armbands in memory of Pablo Raéz, who sadly passed away. A minute’s silence was held before kick-off, to pay tribute to the young man from Málaga.

Once the match had got underway, there was a lot of back and forth between both teams in the first stages of play. They fought for possession of the ball in midfield, and as time went by, slowly loosened up on the attack.

In minute 25, Jony positioned himself inside the area to take advantage of a superb cross from Luis Hernández, but the local defence stole possession when he was about to give a dangerous assist. The locals responded the following minute with a strong pass between the lines from Pedro León, but Inui couldn’t make the finish.

Keko also tried to open up the rival defence with two good shots from the wing, and Michael Santos was mere centimetres away from netting the ball in minute 40. The striker caught an impressive ball from Rosales with his chest at the back of the defence, and hooked a powerful volley that found the side of the net.

However, in minute 43, SD Eibar took the lead thanks to Adrían, as he converted Sergi Enrich’s cross. At half-time, the scoreboard showed 1-0.

Three minutes into the second half, 48’, the referee called a penalty, following a foul by Juankar on Pedro León. Adrían scored from the penalty spot to give his team a 2-0 advantage. With barely time to react, Sergi Enrich transformed a cross from the left to surpass Kameni and take the locals to a 3-0 lead in minute 52.

Malaguista coach, Marcelo Romero refreshed his team, bringing on Ontiveros in place of Keko, and Charles in substitution of Duda. It was precisely the player from the youth ranks who launched a promising ball from the right, setting up a header for Charles inside the area, however the goalkeeper blocked the ball.

In minute 70’, winger, Roberto Rosales was shown his second yellow card for a foul on Arbilla. Málaga CF would be down to 10 men for the remaining 20 minutes of play.

Michael Santos tried to close the gap by making the most of a great pass from Pablo Fornals, but came up against the rival keeper who deflected the shot.

The scoreboard stayed the same after 90 minutes, 3-0. The three points remain at Ipurúa in the 24th LaLiga Santander match of the season.