Skip to main content

Málaga bring a point home from El Palmar (0-0)

All square for Málaga CF and Atlético Sanluqueño CF at El Palmar on Primera Federación matchday 27.

MCF visited this rival from Cádiz on Primera Federación matchday 27. The match took place this Sunday 10th March at Estadio El Palmar in front of around 3,000 people, of which more than 1,000 were Malaguista fans.

Blue and White coach, Sergio Pellicer, selected the following starting-11: A. Herrero; Jokin, Nelson, Einar, Víctor García; Genaro, Dani Lorenzo; Ferreiro, Larrubia, Kevin and Dioni.

The team stepped on to the pitch at El Palmar with the intention of controlling possession from the outset. Kevin starred in the first chance of the game within the first minute; the number '11' started from the left wing and sought out the goal from the front. However, his powerful shot was blocked by the rival keeper.

Both teams shared possession but the Blue and Whites - wearing green and purple on this occasion - set the pace of the match and controlled the Green and White attacks.

Genaro silenced El Palmar in the 40th minute with a great opportunity. Ferreiro served a pass to the edge of the area which the midfielder sent to the top corner of the goal. However, the local goalkeeper managed to deflect the ball with a great dive. At half-time the scoreboard remained at 0-0.

The same tone continued in the second half; a Málaga CF attempting to impose their game and firmly containing an energetic rival who were trying to surprise on the counterattack.

Dioni crashed a powerful shot into the side of the net in the 50th minute of play. Dani Lorenzo slipped an extraordinary pass through to him in the heart of the area, and the forward surprised with a shot that hit the net.

As time went on, the home side increased their approaches into the Málaga area by assertively advancing their lines. However, Pellicer's team managed to keep a clean sheet.

The standout attacking action by the home team was a shot from Bastida from outside the box that hit the post of Alfonso Herrero’s goal (84'). On the counterattack, a minute later, Málaga CF orchestrated a great play from the left wing which ended with Javier Avilés in a good position to strike inside the box. The forward reached the ball and his shot was on target. Yet the local defender, attempting to clear the ball, missed and clearly struck the leg of the Málaga attacker.

Both teams continued seeking a goal to secure three points, but neither succeeded. The match ended in a 0-0 draw, with both teams earning a point.