Skip to main content

A point a piece against Real Murcia (0-0)

Málaga CF claimed a point in the league clash with Real Murcia CF at La Rosaleda, corresponding to Primera Federación matchday 33.

Málaga CF and Real Murcia CF met on Primera Federación matchday 33 this Sunday morning. 22,715 fans gathered at La Rosaleda to watch the match. Sergio Pellicer’s starting-11 consisted of: A. Herrero; Gabilondo, Nelson, Juande and Víctor García; Manu Molina and Genaro; D.Larrubia, Dani Lorenzo, Kevin Medina; and Roberto.

In the initial minutes, both teams began to gain contact with the match and the game took place mainly in midfield, with no notable opportunities for either side. Little by little the Blue and Whites managed to take control of the match and the chances came against the Murcia team's goal. The first, an action in which Kevin Medina looked for a space with an individual play, ended with a powerful hit on the rival goal that Manu García saved without an issue.

Following the first Malaguista arrival, Sergio Pellicer's team continued with their attacking plan and Nelson joined in on the action in a play in which the Malaguista launched a cross to Dani Lorenzo, whose attempt was saved by a defender. Genaro was waiting for the rebound on the edge of the area and managed to finish on goal with a low shot that was saved by the keeper.

The locals continued to insist. Kevin caused a dangerous foul on the edge of the rival area that Víctor García executed powerfully against the goalkeeper's post, who managed to deflect the ball.

The Blue and Whites continued to focus on the rival goal. In first-half stoppage time David Larrubia starred in a great individual play that ended with a cross for Kevin Medina that the Malaguista attacker barely managed to connect with the rival goal. The game reached half-time without goals.

In the second half, the match maintained the same tone and Málaga CF dominated possession and most of the chances in the match. The most notable, a powerful shot by David Ferreiro from inside the area that ended up hitting the post.

In the 81st minute, the Blue and Whites continued to look for gaps in the Murcia defence until Dani Lorenzo filtered a pass to Víctor García, who fell inside the area once he was preparing to strike. The referee did not consider any punishment was necessary. Minutes later, D. Ferreiro won a duel with Loren Morón, but the referee signalled a foul and gave him a second yellow card.

Despite being a man down, the players kept insisting in the final stretch, although without success. The match reached an end with a goalless draw. Next Sunday we’re away to Córdoba CF on matchday 34.